[gmx-users] Possibility to join the GROMACS team in Stockholm as a developer

Erik Lindahl erik.lindahl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 11:15:06 CEST 2016

Hi,

Together with the computing center PDC in Stockholm, we are looking for a
talented researcher to join the GROMACS development team as application
expert.

If you are an engaged user or hacker, or if you love working with high
performance computing software in general, you are likely the person we are
looking for. While this is initially a 2-year appointment, the reason for
the placement at PDC is that our intention is that a successful candidate
will be hired permanently and become part of our joint e-Science center
environment, with plenty of long-term career opportunities.

We are primarily looking for a candidate who is simply passionate about
high-quality software, ideally with experience from molecular dynamics or
other scientific software.  Since the code is written in C++ (although we
still have lots of old C parts being translated), experience both in this
area as well as CUDA, OpenCL, MPI and thread parallelism are strong merits.

You will have extensive possibilities both to schedule your own work and
interact with other research groups, although it will not be possible to
work remotely.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with either me or Erwin Laure (see ad
for details) if you are interested, and we would love if you could help us
spread this ad to good candidates:

https://www.kth.se/en/om/work-at-kth/lediga-jobb/what:job/jobID:93392/where:4/

All the best,

Erik Lindahl
--
Erik Lindahl <erik.lindahl at gmail.com>
Professor of Biophysics, Dept. Biochemistry & Biophysics, Stockholm