[gmx-users] hydrogen atom parameter definition for charmm 36

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Apr 9 14:50:14 CEST 2016

On 4/9/16 8:42 AM, Nikhil Maroli wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> i m doing mmpbsa calculation using GMXPBSA tool ,for protein ligand complex
> during the steps i invoked the command
>    pdb2gmx -f _comp0.pdb -p topol_comp.top -i posre_comp.itp -o _comp0.gro
> -ignh -water tip3p
>
> i have generated the ligand topology such as *.itp and *.prm file ,but it
> looks like i cant  insert those in topology as doing usually ,in order to

Why not?

> edit topology database,can anyone give me the details of *.hdb file
> example
> VAL     5
> 1   1   HN  N   -C  CA
> 1   5   HA  CA  N   C   CB
> 1   5   HB  CB  CA  CG1 CG2
> 3   4   HG1 CG1 CB  CA
> 3   4   HG2 CG2 CB  CA

The .hdb is only for constructing hydrogen positions; it has nothing to do with
writing your topology.  If you already have a ligand topology, process the
protein as normal and you don't have to fiddle with any of these files.

> what is HN N -C CA?

See the manual, section 5.7.4.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy