[gmx-users] protein ligand simulation

bharat gupta bharat.85.monu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 02:29:20 CEST 2016

Hi Justin,

Here's the link for following files: complex.gro, CT3.itp (ligand
topology), CT3.gro (ligand coordinates) and topology.top.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6ehLXK0eP7sa0NSZ1A0QjhTcDA&usp=drive_web

When I run make_ndx command using the solvated complex file (solv.gro), I
don't find the ligand in any of the groups. Here's the output of that
command:

Command line:
  make_ndx -f solv.gro -o index.ndx

Reading structure file
Going to read 0 old index file(s)
Analysing residue names:
There are:   368    Protein residues
There are: 14227      Water residues
Analysing Protein...

  0 System              : 46221 atoms
  1 Protein             :  3540 atoms
  2 Protein-H           :  2746 atoms
  3 C-alpha             :   367 atoms
  4 Backbone            :  1101 atoms
  5 MainChain           :  1470 atoms
  6 MainChain+Cb        :  1795 atoms
  7 MainChain+H         :  1826 atoms
  8 SideChain           :  1714 atoms
  9 SideChain-H         :  1276 atoms
 10 Prot-Masses         :  3540 atoms
 11 non-Protein         : 42681 atoms
 12 Water               : 42681 atoms
 13 SOL                 : 42681 atoms
 14 non-Water           :  3540 atoms

Also, when I ran pdb2gmx command for my protein, I got two files :
porse_Protein_chainA.itp and chainA2.itp. Does that mean somewhere the
protein chain is broken in the initial structure?

For, my ligand I generated the parameters using ATB server, but the problem
is that when I used the optimized geometry and itp files for the ligand,
it's located far away from the active site. So, should I used the
unoptimized geometry coordinates in that case, but wouldn't it be wrong to
use the unoptimized geometry??

Thanks

--
BM