[gmx-users] mdp options to generate xtc file but not trr file

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 26 23:15:51 CEST 2016

On 4/26/16 5:11 PM, Metallo Devasto wrote:
> How can i set mdp option to have a simulation that generate only the xtc
> file but without the trr file? ( i don't need trr and it has 2 times the
> size of the xtc file)
>
> my mdp option now are
>
> nstxout = 1000
> nstvout = 1000

Set the above two options to zero.

> nstfout = 0
> nstlog = 100
> nstenergy = 100
> nstxtcout = 100

This gets you an .xtc (in versions < 5.0, after that it's nstxout-compressed).

> nstcalcenergy = -1
> xtcprecision = 10

I would say it is unwise to reduce the .xtc precision by 100x.

-Justin

> xtc-grps = system
> energygrps = Protein Membrane Solvent
>

> i cant figure out how to do it, pls help :(

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore