[gmx-users] Simulation Terminated on Clusters Due to "cannot rename checkpoint file"

Ray Chao xiaoainisa at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 19:17:25 CET 2016

Hi, Mark,

Thank you for your response. I am not sure if this is the right way to
reply, because I cannot see the content of gmx maillist emails.

I am running in my own space. Here is the story. Everybody has a $HOME and
$WORK directory on the cluster. The $HOME is for permanent storage with
100GB disk space and $WORK is for temporary storage with 1TB storage.
Initially I was running my case on $HOME. Since the files begin to pile up,
the space is running out, I turned to the $WORK directory. At that time, I
began to receive such an error message. Even I then move my cases back to
$HOME, it did not work either.

Best regards,
Lei Zhao
Ph.D Student in Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech
Mobile:+1-540-750-9042