[gmx-users] Harmonic restraint in FEP

Alexander Alexander alexanderwien2k at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 23:37:27 CEST 2016

Thanks Justin for your response.
I have already seen read the manual and every thing is clear for me for the
"coul-lambdas" and "vdW-lambdas"and available examples. As far as I
understand in FEP, when we want to get rid if something gradually for
example vdW or charge, then we go from 0.0 ..... to 1.0 meaning in 0.0 they
are present but in 1.0 they are absent which I think is th same for all the
XXX-lambdas.
So, when I want to turn on or apply or have harmonic restrain then the
restraint-lambdas
should goes from 1.0 to 0.0, however it is in contradict with some examples
in which the harmonic restraint is going to be applied and that confuse me
a bit.

In summary, I want to apply gradually harmonic restraints, so,
reasonably, restraint-lambdas
= 1.0 0.8 0.6 0.4 ... 0.0 ?

Thanks,
Regards