[gmx-users] interfacing with Gaussian 09 (Mark Abraham) (Groenhof, Gerrit)

Clinton King clintonking36 at chem.byu.edu
Tue Jun 14 00:18:52 CEST 2016

Gerrit,

Thanks for your suggestions. I am using GROMACS 5.1.2.

After reading through your message, I realized that I was using GAUSS_DIR
and GAUSS_EXE for the location and name of the gau script instead of
GMX_QM_GAUSS_DIR and GMX_QM_GAUSS_EXE. So I changed that, and then I got
the error message from line 227 of qm_gaussian.c : "no
$GMX_QM_MODIFIED_LINKS_DIR, this is were the modified links reside."

I thought that one could use the gau script successfully without modifying
any Gaussian links.

I decided to try setting the GMX_QM_MODIFIED_LINKS_DIR environmental
variable to an empty folder. I am attaching the resulting output (as links
at the end of this message); both what was sent to stdout as well as the
gmx generated log file.

Looking through qm_gaussian.c, as well as the output I have so far, it
appears that modified Gaussian links *are* required for gmx to interface
with Gaussian.

So, the bottom line is that in order for Gromacs to interface with Gaussian
to perform a quantum molecular dynamics computation, I must have access to
the Gaussian source code. Is that correct?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-W4G39j_Icjc21TcTN1S2M0MVk/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-W4G39j_IcjZlVPb1NySkUtRDQ/view?usp=sharing

(Please let me know if the links above don't work.)

Thanks for your help

--
Clinton King
Graduate Student