[gmx-users] Simulation in Constant pH simulation ...

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jun 15 17:52:25 CEST 2016

On 6/15/16 11:49 AM, Nikhil Maroli wrote:
> Hi,
> Justin , thanks for your reply.
> Actually, my system is cyclic peptide nanotube in water,which I made using
> charmm-gui. Protonation option availbe  in " PDB reader " but how to
> confirm the pH,based on protonation ? or is it possbile to make any

You don't "confirm the pH" because there is none.  You don't have titratable
sites and you don't have H3O+ floating around.  The point of a fixed-charge
simulation is to simulate the dominant protonation state that would be found at
a given pH in a real, physical system.  The protonation states are chosen based
on pKa values of those titratable moieties and which form will dominate at a
given pH.

> changed after getting the out put

I wouldn't try to make post-hoc changes.  Adding or deleting H atoms will change
everything about the topology.  Set it up properly to start.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore