[gmx-users] Calculating Dielectric constant

Life Sciences Inc contact.lifesciences.inc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 19:06:19 CEST 2016

So instead of using epsilon-surface = 70, I should use its value equal to 1
? By deault epsilon-surface =  0 which means it is turned off, to turn it
on one must specify a value, as mentioned in Gromacs mdp options:
"value of the relative permittivity of the imaginary surface around your
infinite system"
So what should be the value of permittivity, is there some constant value
for it? what value should I choose to simply calculate dielctric onstant? I
also did PBC correction by making my input coord whole but still simulation
is running around for 30 to 40 minutes and then stopping with Lincs error.
This means Simulation is running and parameters are correct, any
suggestions please ? as I cannot figure out what is going wrong.

Thanks a lot