[gmx-users] Fwd: Re: Dimeric structure strangely separated

Pedro Lacerda pslacerda+gmx at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 02:48:20 CEST 2016

I just did trjconv with `-pbc nojump` and now the RMSD looks right. I would
never expected that. It works!

My 2+ ion is using parameters for nonbonded model without charge transfer
found in this paper:
J Chem Theory Comput. 2013 June 11; 9(6): 2733–2748. doi:10.1021/ct400146w.

This may be useful for people doing runs with metallic nonbonded 2+ ions.
*https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzBJU5QP5j4XRtEbN4htQ8j8_GU73G3ZYvkG1YZDKWc/edit?usp=sharing
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzBJU5QP5j4XRtEbN4htQ8j8_GU73G3ZYvkG1YZDKWc/edit?usp=sharing>*

Some approaches do a charge correction redistributing it at the ion
ligands, but I can't afford it.
    Journal of Structural Biology 157 (2007) 444–453

I'm worried because my ion has coordination number 4 or 5, probably
requiring charge transfer what is beyond my abilities. So i'm accepting
suggestions on how to manage my ion.