[gmx-users] PMF steadily increasing

Lukas Zimmermann luk.zim91 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 12:04:00 CEST 2016

Thank you again for your remarks. This is what I found so far:

(1) With gmx mindist it was very clear that protein and peptide do not
interact. For the last 5 or 6 Umbrella Windows, the minimal distance
between the Pull groups was at least 2 nm
(2) That is indeed the case. The protein has net charge  -1 and the peptide
has charge +3.  Can you tell me what effect this might have?  I am unaware
that this might cause problems.
(3) I tried this, but this showed no apparent effect on the shape of the
curve.
(4) I do not understand in how far WHAM cares about the COM-COM distances.
I extract my frames from pull.xtc and I do not see each COM-COM distance
that would be required to have exactly, say, 0.1 nm
spacing, so I use a script which selects frames which resemble 0.1 nm
spacing as closely as possible, so there might some deviation.