[gmx-users] gmx rdf

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jun 20 18:37:23 CEST 2016

On 6/20/16 9:22 AM, amitbehra at chemeng.iisc.ernet.in wrote:
> Hello gmx_users,
> I was trying to plot distribution function in a bilayer system using gmx
> rdf. I used the system as a reference ( thinking it will take the COM of
> the system as reference point) . Then I plotted RDF of a marked atom. But
> it is plotting only in the positive direction while the lipids in the
> lower leaflet are also containing the marked atom. So I am unable to see
> the distribution from center of the bilayer to the lower leaflet.
> Can anyone please help me out in identifying my mistake.

Distance is a positive value and that's what gmx rdf will always report.  If you
want to distinguish between different leaflets, create an index file for the
different leaflets; but gmx rdf will always report a positive number.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore