[gmx-users] can we analyse Gromacs trajectory with jupyter?

Hai Nguyen nhai.qn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 16:36:32 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Not that I know of. From the point of view of someone who already has a
> GROMACS trajectory, the underlying cpptraj tool has support for reading
> .gro and .pdb, but not .xtc or .tng, and you'd also have to decide whether
> you need to produce an equivalent AMBER topology to help analyze your
> particular results. But the idea and the approach look excellent.

Hi,

cpptraj is able to read TRR format too. cpptraj can read a pdb file as
Topology, so no need to do any conversion to " an equivalent AMBER topology"
I hope that Dan Roe (cc) can find a time slot to implement xtc and  tng
parser soon.

@Albert: meanwhile, you can absolutely use pytraj (python interface of
cpptraj) <https://github.com/Amber-MD/pytraj> and NGLView
<https://github.com/arose/nglview> for your gromacs data analysis and
visualization (need to convert to .trr format thought).

cheers
Hai