[gmx-users] Distance between centers of mass

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Mar 2 23:11:44 CET 2017

On 3/2/17 4:15 PM, ÁLVARO RODRIGO RUIZ FERNÁNDEZ wrote:
> Dear GROMACS users:
>
> How can I calculate the distance between centers of mass of two residues in
> time with gmx distance?, I do not understand the  sentence "com of resname
> AAA plus com of resname BBB"  from the manual, pag 241 . Thanks.

This is simply the selection syntax for doing exactly what you describe.  You
can select by residue name, number, etc. or by an existing index group, e.g.

gmx distance ... -select "com of group 'Protein' plus com of group 'Ligand'"

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore