[gmx-users] CGenFF generated prm/itp overriding and messing with charmm36-nov2016.ff?

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 07:58:36 CET 2017

Hi,

PDB has a well defined fixed-width field format:
http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/file-format-content/format33/sect9.html#ATOM
so only columns 13-16 can contain the atom name. By eye, it looks like the
cgenff python script gets this wrong, using 14-17 (but do check in the
actual files). If so, please report that to them to get it fixed.

Fortunately, you can fix the file to move the space in column 13 to column
18 pretty easily, eg with the Unix cut and paste command line tools.

Mark