[gmx-users] Performance advice for newest Pascal architecture

Téletchéa Stéphane stephane.teletchea at univ-nantes.fr
Thu Mar 9 11:58:41 CET 2017

Dear colleagues,

We are willing to invest on nodes for GROMACS-specific calculations, and
trying to best the best for our bucks (as everyone).

For now our decisions comes close to nodes using the following
configuration:

2 * Xeon E5-2630 v4
1 P100 or 2 * P5000 or 2 * K40
Cluster node interconnection: Intel OmniPath

Our system will will range from 50k to 200k atoms most of the time,
using AMBER-99SB-ILDn, GROMCAS 2016.1 and above.

I am aware of various benchmark and recommandations like "Best Bang for
your Bucks", but is there any reference (internal may be) for latest
Pascal architecture, or any general advice against/for ?

Thanks a lot in advance for the feedback, if we are able to benchmark on
our systems using the different setups above we'll share as possible by
the upstream vendor the results.

Stéphane

--
Assistant Professor in BioInformatics, UFIP, UMR 6286 CNRS, Team Protein
Design In Silico