[gmx-users] Performance advice for newest Pascal architecture

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 14:17:13 CET 2017

Hi,

There's not a great deal of change that is specific to Pascal. It's more
and better and faster, and if running PME you'd want to improve your ratio
of CPU cores to GPUs (e.g. put fewer Pascal GPUs in a node than earlier
generation). We are working on PME running on GPUs, hopefully for this
year's release, but it won't yet be such that you'd get away with a cheap
CPU.

Mark