[gmx-users] Gromacs with Plumed

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 17:59:51 CET 2017

Hi,

The discussion will continue on gmx-developers, those interested in
following it should head there (subscribe or read it here
https://mailman-1.sys.kth.se/pipermail/gromacs.org_gmx-developers/2017-March/009540.html)

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Giovanni Bussi <bussi at sissa.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks Szilárd for the comment.
>
> About changing the version string, which would be the right place to do it
> in the code?

This however concerns users too, so let me repeat what I wrote on the
other list:

Firstly, regarding the version info: all you need to do is to set e.g.
GMX_VERSION_SUFFIX='-PLUMED-2.0' in cmake/gmxVersionInfo.cmake to get
a version string that looks like this: "2016.2-PLUMED-2.0.

Until this is done by the PLUMED installer/patch, I would strongly
recommend users and especially admins doing shared installations that,
for the sake of reproducibility add a version suffix in the above
suggested manner so that
gmx -version
mdrun_mpi -version
reflects the code that the respective tool was compiled from!

Cheers,
--
Szilárd