[gmx-users] Workstation

Suneth Rajapaksha speshala at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 07:26:06 CET 2017

Dear all,
I am thinking to buy a workstation to run gromacs. The workstation is with
following specifications. I am not a hardware expert to select the best
configuration to run gromacs more efficiently. Can someone help me to
decide the below configuration is good for running gromacs?

Processor : Dual Intel Xeon Processor E5-2640 v4 (10C, 2.4GHz, 3.4GHz
Turbo, 2133MHz, 25MB, 90W
Chipset : Intel C612
Chassis : Dell Precision T7910 1300W Chassis v2, BW
Memory : 64GB (8x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
Storage : 1TB 3.5inch Serial ATA (7,200 Rpm) Hard Drive
Second Storage : 3.5 inch 1TB SATA 7.2k RPM HDD
Hard Disk Controller : Integrated LSI SAS 3008 12Gb/s SATA/SAS controller -
SW RAID 0, 1, 10
Optical Drive : 16x DVD-/+RW HH
Resource DVD not Included
Monitor : Dell Professional P2017H 19.5" Monitor with LED Back Light
Graphics : NVIDIA Tesla K20C, 5 GB, GPGPU
Sounds : Internal Speaker
Network : No Additional Network Card Selected (Integrated NIC included)
Mouse : Dell USB Optical Mouse - MS111 - black
Keyboard : US English (QWERTY) Dell KB212-B QuietKey USB Keyboard Black
Operating System : Windows 10 Pro (64bit) English
Windows 10 Pro OS Recovery 64bit - DVD
Others : No Media Card Reader
Dual Processor Heatsink for T7910

Thanks,