[gmx-users] FSync error

Souparno Adhikary souparnoa91 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 09:34:29 CET 2017

I'm getting the following error in a 500ps pull code simulation. I checked
out the forum for probable solve and it says it might be due to disk space
usage or permission. In my case, I have enough disk quota left and I have
permission to write in the directory. Can you please help?

Usual MD simulations run fine. The error comes only when the pull code is
applied.

Error:

Program mdrun_mpi, VERSION 4.5.6
Source code file: checkpoint.c, line: 1287

File input/output error:
Cannot fsync 'tp_pull.xvg'; maybe you are out of disk space?

Attached is my mdp file for the pull code. Framed broadly on Justin
Lemkul's tutorial *.mdp file.

Can you please help to indicate what might be the problem?

Thanks,

Souparno Adhikary,
University of Calcutta,
India