[gmx-users] forcefield installation on GROMACS 5.1.4

Simon Kit Sang Chu simoncks1994 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 13:45:43 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

Recently I am looking into PACE
<https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/cgfolding/> for my system and
installation of forcefield is required. The files located inside the
forcefield directory is given by -

aminoacids.rtp  cgWater.itp  ffPACE_1.3-c.tdb  ffPACE_1.3.hdb
 ffPACE_1.3-n.tdb
cg216water.gro  ffPACE_1.3.atp  ffPACE_1.3.ddb    ffPACE_1.3.itp
 ffPACE_1.3.rtp

Compared to the standard forcefields, such as CHARMM and AMBER, there is no
.doc. I located these files in
/usr/local/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/PACE_1.3.ff.

When I tried to implement the forcefield with pdb2gmx, I see no sign of
PACE and option -ff returns error too.

I am new to GROMACS. Would anyone suggest any solution or references that I
should look into?

Thank you.