[gmx-users] Protein pore collapse during simulation.

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jan 27 15:01:17 CET 2020

On 1/24/20 2:15 AM, Yogesh Sharma wrote:
> Sir,
>   If i want to use charmm gui generated assembly for simulation in gromac
> forcefield. How can i extract berger lipid parameters (i.e lipid.itp
> according to yout tutorial) corresponding to charmm nomenclature? so that i
> can modify my forcefield in accordance.

You would have to rename the atoms in the coordinate file.

> my ultimate aim is to simulate membrane protein with a ligand. whose
> parameters are only available in gromacff (ATB). #ligand contain metalloid
> atoms.

You're making a big tradeoff here, as the Berger parameters are very
inaccurate compared to modern lipid parameter sets. Metalloids are
generally not available in biomolecular force fields, though. At least
look at more recent GROMOS parameter sets rather than the Berger lipids.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.