[gmx-users] Alcohol molecules moving from water/vacuum interface

William Foskett whfoskett at gmail.com
Wed May 7 06:38:43 CEST 2014

Thanks for the help!

For the sake of density distribution, suface tension, and surface potential
analysis I think that these PBC artefacts affect the results.

For example, if I use the g_density function to analyse the carbon
distribution on a box that initially has 5 1-butanol molecules at each
interface, and at the end it has 6 at one and 4 at the other, the density
results show one peak higher than the other, corresponding to the interface
that has 6 molecules rather than 4.

This is proving difficult as the aim of my study is to compare the effect
of the structure of 1-butanol and isobutanol on the surface adsorption of
ions (here, Na+ and Cl-) by analysing the properties mentioned above.
However, I can't get consistent results due to these PBC artefacts.

Thanks,

Billy