[gmx-users] refcoord-scaling

Chetan Mahajan chetanvm10 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 07:34:54 CEST 2014

Thanks, Mark. With timestep to be 1 fs (instead of 2 fs) in production run,
job is running fine without blowing up. (equilibration run also contains
timestep to be 1 fs and refcoord-scaling option is set to "com"). However,
time step to 1 fs in production run does not affect water and its
relaxation, since water is kept rigid.

Now I have a question: Having to make nstlist option as "1" or reducing
timestep to "1 fs" to make the job run without blowing up, does this mean
everything scientifically is okay? In other words, do these changes
suppress any other serious error, with respect to forcefield choice eg.?

Thanks
Chetan