[gmx-users] Can't make links on GROMACS

Ooker ganuongphap at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:05:16 CEST 2014

Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at ...> writes:

> On 5/13/14, 6:39 AM, Ly Minh Nhat wrote:
> >  <at> Justin: why does it remove?
>
> At present, it doesn't really make sense.  In 5.0-rc1, all the tools are
simply
> links to a binary called gmx that executes all of the programs, so linking to
> links is really not convenient.
>
> >  <at> Chandan: I did use sudo when make links.
> >
> > Off topic question: if I disable mail delivery but still keep subcribe the
> > mail list, will I receive your answer to my mail?
> >

> If you're disabling delivery, probably not.
>
> -Justin

Just wonder, why don't Gromacs use Google Groups for mailing list? I have
found that it uses three different list:
https://www.mail-archive.com/gromacs.org_gmx-users@maillist.sys.kth.se/ (the
best one for me)
http://221.science-biology-gromacs-user.biotalk.us/ (slow update, can reply
by clicking button)
and https://mailman-1.sys.kth.se/pipermail/gromacs.org_gmx-users/ (the
ugliest, but referred from Gromacs website).

The way Google Groups sorts is intuitive, easy to reply.