[gmx-users] translational dipole moment during the simulation

Christopher Neale chris.neale at alum.utoronto.ca
Sun May 18 00:49:25 CEST 2014

I can't help with the source code modification, and I am surprised that you actually need 5 fs resolution, but if you are simply having trouble with disk space, you could set up a loop inside your job script that (a) runs mdrun, (b) extracts velocities, (c) makes a copy of the raw output, saving less frequently, (d) delete the original, very frequent output files, (e) repeat the loop while loading in a checkpoint file in mdrun. However, before launching into this, I would check that saving the output every 5 fs is not drastically reducing your simulation speed. If it is killing your throughput to save every 5 fs (I presume that it is), and if you really need 5 fs resolution, then you'll likely need to get additional help on modifying the source code.

Chris.