[gmx-users] Reference value for berger POPC area per headgroup

Gmx QA gmxquestions at gmail.com
Tue May 20 13:16:48 CEST 2014

Hi

I have a question about which value to aim for as a reference for the
berger lipids and POPC area per head group.

In Justin Lemkul's tutorial, the value 65.8 A^2 is reported, along with a
reference to a 1998 Tieleman et al. paper.
However, I have read that paper now twice and cannot find this value
anywhere.
There are also two popc-systems available for download from the Tieleman
website, but neither of those give 65.8 A^2, at least in my hands.

Could someone please enlighten me about a good reference value for berger
popc apl?

Thanks
/PK