[gmx-users] topology in local?

Nicola Staffolani n.staffolani at unitus.it
Wed May 21 16:04:11 CEST 2014

just to improve my knowledge in programming: and I can override it by
typing:

GMXLIB="address_of_the_new_topology_in_my_computer"

right?

But in that case, if I first open a child shell, then the change will be
effective only there, and as soon as I come back to the parent shell,
GMXLIB will be pointing to the old /usr/share/... address, right?
Thank you Justin!

PS I do not think I will try to override it anyway ;) And yes, I manually
installed GROMACS because I didn't know I could do it by just using Ubuntu
Software Center...

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 5/21/14, 8:38 AM, Nicola Staffolani wrote:
>
>> and so how do I make GMXLIB point to somewhere else than
>> /usr/share/gromacs/top?
>>

> If Gromacs is installed in /usr/share/gromacs, that's where it should
> point. Otherwise, just override it by setting $GMXLIB in your shell however
> you like. Hopefully it won't break anything by doing that.
>
> -Justin
>

>> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Chandan Choudhury <iitdckc at gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 3:57 PM, Nicola Staffolani
>>> <n.staffolani at unitus.it>wrote:
>>>
>>>  Dear Chandan,

>>> while

>>> the
>>> following way:
>>> 1. pdb2gmx  generates the topolopy file (human readable).
>>> 2. grompp reads this topology and the structure file to generate a tpr
>>> (binary