[gmx-users] to neutralize the system

Groenhof, Gerrit ggroenh at gwdg.de
Wed Jun 15 08:47:12 CEST 2016

You always need to neutralise with counter-ion, rather than rely on the uniform background charge that the PME method introduces if your system is charged. The background charge introduces artefacts for non-homogeneous systems by placing charge uniformly across the system rather than inside the higher dielectric. For further explanation and quantification of the artifact see the paper by Hub et al: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct400626b

Gerrit

Message: 4